Thank you for your interest in the Des Plaines Community Foundation 2017 Education Scholarship Program
- Four scholarships of $1,500 each will be awarded
- Must be a resident of Des Plaines, IL
- 3.0 GPA or above
- High school seniors must be applying to or enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program at a college, university, or vocational/technical institution or community college during the fall semester of 2017 to be eligible (minimum 12 credit hours per semester; graduate programs do not qualify)
- Foundation employees, board members, scholarship committee members, and their family members are not eligible
- Applications and required paperwork must be received by April 14th, 2017. Applications received after April 14, 2017 will not be considered.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified April 28, 2017.
- Completed scholarship program application
- A statement of personal goals (100 words maximum)
- An essay on how you have participated in community service and or work to support you and your family detailing how this commitment has prepared you for your future (500 words maximum)
- Copy of your most recent High School transcript that includes your cumulative GPA
Please note: Missing required paperwork will automatically disqualify your submission from the review process. Do not send any additional documentation beyond the required documentation listed above, it will not be considered in the review process.
Complete the application and mail with required paperwork to:
Via postal mail –
Des Plaines Community Foundation
1420 Miner St. Room 402A
Des Plaines, IL 60016
Attn: Scholarship Program
Via email – DPCFScholarship@gmail.com